118 vues
Please tell us the steps to use English only
Udie4me

2 sujets, 6 réponses

Message non lu
Hallo Community,

I would be extremly happy if someone can tell me the steps to make my NeoFrag installation English language "only".

I want to delete all other languages and want to use English as default and as solo language.

The whole language system of NeoFrag is a bit of a chaos at the moment (I know its a Alpha Version) and I try to make it 100% working with only English.

I`ll write the missing language tags and also the missing English Translations. But someone has to show me a step by step, what I have to do please.

Again - Thank You verrrry much for this nice piece of software!

Kind regards, Andy
My GitHub
6 participants
10 réponses
creativewild

17 sujets, 53 réponses

Contributeurs Donateurs
Message non lu
Hi Andy,

I assume the issue you are experiencing is mostly related where some areas are in English and other bits are still in French correct?
Udie4me

2 sujets, 6 réponses

Message non lu
Yes right and I already tried out some of the solutions I was reading here at the forum, but with no good result. Thats why I want to keep only one language and make it perfect and thats English because En is the world language and a lot more important as French or German (I`m from Germany).

I`ve seen whats the problem with the whole language chaos. First issue was, that the CMS should had been written from start up in only English and later if the core is stable, then in other languages too. Most gamer communities prefer English, because most guilds and clans are international these days and its also better to start with English because of theme and module developers and to become more people which are willing to use the CMS.

The CMS ist so good and the idea behind it, its so sad that the language system ist such a chaos.

Some modules have language files/folders and in other modules the files are completly missing or hardcoded in french. Best would be to rewrite the whole language system, because to sort out the chaos is more work as to start a brand new system, but thats my opinion.

Any ideas how to get it done?
My GitHub
creativewild

17 sujets, 53 réponses

Contributeurs Donateurs
Message non lu
Here is the issue, some more recent modules/themes don't have the translation implemented, meaning it's in plain hard-coded French strings.

Here is something I agree but i dont agree with you at the same time:

First issue was, that the CMS should had been written from start up in only English and later if the core is stable, then in other languages too
and let me tell you why: Its their own cms, they can make it with any language they want, if french is the easy way to do it so be it.

There's is no rule that says when developing software it needs to be in English there's not even a guideline to it at all.

Every time a new release comes along i normally do a pull and merge it in my own fork.

Can we do something about it? Absolutely, both @FoxLey and @eResnova have been working hard on this cms and they were even more awesome when they made it opensource.

The translation system to be honest is not a mess, it just needs to be applied to all modules but as you can imagine having only two people constantly working to improve it and bring on new features while working on their normal day jobs is not an easy task,

Why not help them by setting up a translation project for the cms, the more people join in the more quality we can get out of the translations.

I can start a GitHub repo with what i already have.

Heres is an example of a website that is using neofrag and is fully translated into english:
http://sevensinsguild.com/index.html
Udie4me

2 sujets, 6 réponses

Message non lu
Oh my god - it was not my plan to say something bad about the CMS or the tough guys who developed it.
I find the CMS very good and I like it a lot! I will not sound like a unsatisfied asshole - I honor the work they have done.

You are right - its the thing of the developers which language they choose - I only mentioned that it would have been easier for other developers to join if the main language is english from start on. Also the user community would have been biger.

I say with no word the CMS is bad the only little issue I see is the language and thats a minimal issue if we have a look about the whole CMS.

Thanks for showing me the link to the "English" setup of the CMS, it looks amacing. Is it possible that they share the language files with us?

I started to translate the Awards and the Game Map module by myself, but I lost the whole work after the latest upgrade to 1.5.3 (I have not thought far enough - normaly it is clear that the files will get overwritten) Next time I will be smarter lol lol lol

Sadly I`m not a PHP programmer - I`m only a selfmade hobbiiest frontend developer with knowledge in CSS and HTML and a little JS.

But now back to my main question:

Can You point me to a way how to make the CMS use English only, please?

I need a little step by step - which files has to be edited or completet - then I will make the English files ready for use with NeoFrag.
I would be happy to help with the translation, also with the German language. Just show me the way pls.

Personal Note: @FoxLey and @eResnova - hey guys I`m sorry I will not sound like a unhappy user or asshole - I respect the work You have done - it is a amacing CMS and I love it!!!!

@FoxLey et @eResnova - hey guys Je suis désolé je ne vais pas sonner comme un utilisateur malheureux ou asshole - Je respecte le travail que vous avez fait - c'est un CMS amacing et je l'aime !!!!

My GitHub
creativewild

17 sujets, 53 réponses

Contributeurs Donateurs
Message non lu
The only way is going module by module and do the change, let do something better, lets take this one offline - I will send you my skype details and we can work on the remaining bits, I will explain you who you add the code that pulls the translation from the lang files.
Udie4me

2 sujets, 6 réponses

Message non lu
Ok lets do it. Pm me Your Skype data please. Today I cant contact You, have to work sadly :) but I will write You tomorrow if its ok for You?
My GitHub
ItsFocuss

0 sujet, 1 réponse

Message non lu
Is this feature added now? I'd really like to use NeoFrag on my website!
FoxLey

25 sujets, 573 réponses

Staff
Message non lu
Not yet but soon
GitHub
olos

0 sujet, 1 réponse

Message non lu
And I'm in the same dilemma.I do not know how I could put an entire cms in English, of course, I would add some language selector to the header, and when clicking on a specific language, the entire content is being translated (the entire content of cms and navigation).
In this way, I would perform language calls:
$lang['navigation_contact'] = 'Contact';
But i don't know how?
I have never seen anywhere in the cms such poses I've looked at all the code and it's hard to get into it ...
Ammok

0 sujet, 5 réponses

Message non lu
same here!! I want to have 2 or 3 languages